Re: [NTLK] Socket serial card driver?

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 15:50:45 EDT

Paul Zenk wrote:
> I have gotten my hands on a Socket Communications card but I can't
> get it to talk to my Mac (NCU). The Newton 2100 recognizes it as a
> communication card, but all traffic goes out the dongle but not the
> card. How do I tell the newton to use the serial card in the lower
> slot. I looked in preferences and all I see there is a choice for
> serial which is the dongle port. Do I need a driver for the card
> which will let me select it in the preferences slip? I did a search
> on socketcom.com for I driver but didn't find anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I don't mean to be rude, really., but you should start a new thread when
posting. If you reply to someone elses post and change the topic, it
shows up below thier topic. People may not see it.

O.K. About the Socket serial card...
All you have to do is write a driver for it! (in other words,... It
won't work with the Newton.)