Re: [NTLK] fountainpen and stylus

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 11:52:24 EDT

On 18/04/02 11:24, "Seth Hurwitz" <shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu> wrote:

> Is it the multi-functionality of the various styli people prefer, or is
> the feel of writing on the Newton screen improved? I've always used the
> Apple ones and thought they were fine (and much better than those on the
> WinCE, Palms and Handsprings I've tried).

Yes, multi-functionality is best for me. I mean, we're keeping a Newton
around so that we don't have to shuffle all those papers. Well, I don't want
to shuffle around 2 or 3 pens/pencils either!

The best pen, IMHO, is still not there. That would be a Rotring Quattro with
a Cross DigitalWriter stylus, the best stylus tip I ever used. If only Cross
would have a good multi-function pen, I would jump on it. However, like I
said before, this idea to have one cap while the pen has 2 ends doesn't work
for me...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)