Re: [NTLK] Wireless/Cellular modem recommendations in USA?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 18:12:57 EDT

Peter makes a good point...
"it's antiquated technology (the cellphone)"
Well, we may not want to admit it, but the Newton is
as well...so it only fits that to use a 1990's device,
you'll need to use 1990's communications...
.Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> John Goggan <jgoggan_at_dcg.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to be able to use my Newt with SimpleMail
> while
> > I am there.
>
> I use an analog phone (Motorola DPC650e) and a
> Motorola Power 144 modem for wireless.
<snip>
> It is antiquated technology, but it works.
>
> Peter

=====
- Arthur C. Clarke -