[NTLK] WaveLan Silver driver for WINDOWS 98

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 00:13:01 EDT

Hi,

   Where can I get a driver for the WaveLan Silver card for Windows 98?
I've got a Compaq laptop (double dose of the Dark Side).

   <rant on corporate website organization> I looked on Lucent's site -
no luck, no clear reference to their products - when I typed in 'WaveLan
Silver Windows 98' into the search box it came up with a 1995 press
release saying in effect 'Yep, we've got them. We just won't tell you
where..' WaveLan.com now goes to Orinoco.com , with NO reference to
WaveLan at all, and a rather inscrutable driver-database thingee - no
actual product names, just "product categories". WinDrivers.com now
want's $30 a year - which I can't justify considering I use mac 99% of
the time. I did find on exe on a warez site (hmm, if the drivers are so
much more profitable than the hardware that the're on the warez sites,
something is definately wrong..) - haven't tried it yet. Grrr..

Jim