Re: [NTLK] Action Names Manual?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 02:17:22 EDT

on 4/19/02 5:14 PM, Bradford Schmidt at brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com wrote:

> AN is really buggy too. I just installed it on a freshly restored newt
> (there's a good reason for at least 2 newts - one is a SW test bed) and
> withing 5 minutes it munched my names soup and gave me a -48404 error if I
> tried to open names. Did Iambic or Microsoft write this <g>.

That would be the Contact History bug. :-) That is the most disappointing
bug to me. If you link something to a name using the link utility, and try
to show any links other than special links _at the same time_ as special
links, you get this kind of error, and you can't open names until you
reboot. It almost--no, does--make the link feature absolutely useless, as
you become afraid to even look at the contact history. :-) Shameful. What
makes it worse is that right after they released 4.0, I discovered it, and
called them about it, and they wrote down the information, and then followed
up with a couple of emails. I eventually returned it for a refund, but then
they wrote that 4.0.4 fixed it, and I paid again. Unfortunately, it didn't
fix the bug, merely moved it. :-( I know they tried, but they didn't fix it.
Right after this, the Newton died a horrible death, and the rest is
history...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams