[NTLK] Re - cleaning power switch

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 14:52:23 EDT

> Sometimes, I have to use the switch several times before it turns
> off. Other times, it turns off and then on almost instantly.

This can also be a software problem. I had that for some time while
I was writing DotClock, and I've no idea what caused this. Eventually it
went away, but I don't know what I had changed code-wise.

As to cleaning a MP110/120/130 power switch, I'd suggest forgetting it.
To get it open, you'd need to unsolder it. To unsolder it, you need to take
the 130 apart and unsolder 8 wires to remove the mainboard. Then you
need to unsolder 6 tiny switch contacts which are pretty close to each
other. If you *do* get the switch out in one piece, this is where things
start getting difficult.
If I were you, I'd switch the Newton off by software as Marco suggested.
There are packages out there that allow this.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de