Re: [NTLK] Synchonising dates for eMate and MP120

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 12:09:23 EDT

on 22/04/02 11:11, Russ Bravo at russbravo_at_lineone.net wrote:

> Posted this question a little while back, and didn't see anyone pick it up.
> I have missed a few digests though, so forgive me for posting it again +:}
>
> Is there a simple way to beam Dates from one Newt (eg eMate) to another (eg
> MP120) so entries on both machines are the same? I've been putting some
> meetings/events etc in on my eMate and forgetting to do likewise on the
> MP120.
>
> Or do I have to back up to my Mac from one, and restore to the other via
> NCU?

I don't know of any easy way. You could maybe try to beam the Date soup, if
it's possible. Or, do a backup and restore.

-Laurent.

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style: brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute force and ignorance).