Re: [NTLK] Fwd: [OT] Christian fanatic Attacking Apple

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 23:28:21 EDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 4/22/02 7:27 PM, the entity known
as Franck Achim transmitted the following from francka_at_mac.com:

> What do you think about this article?It was written by Dr Paley, you can
> get the full article at this link:
>
> http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

As a Christian I get very frustrated by idiots like this. And I finally had
it. So I went off on this guy, in a manner of speaking. I sent off the
following...

> Dr. Paley:
>
> As a born-again Christian, a physicist and a Macintosh user, I would find your
> "analysis" laughable if it wasn't so sad that you are deluding so many
> impressionable Christians. While it is laudable to oppose those who try to
> make evolution into more than what it is (i.e., a scientific theory, subject
> to refinement or refutation via the scientific method), your portrayal of
> personal opinion as fact is exactly the same crime that the secular humanists
> are guilty of. Do you realize how hard it is to witness, when folks like you
> are out there reinforcing society's view of Christians as foaming-at-the-mouth
> fanatics?
>
> I won't comment on your opinion regarding the PBS show, as I didn't watch
> that. However, it is plain from your illogical ramblings regarding Apple
> Computer that you have lost all touch with reality and descended into the
> ranks of the UFOlogists and other such conspiracy theory wackos. To quote
> from the website of Hexley, the cartoon that you link to Apple's Darwin OS:
>
>> Apple has asked us to let people know that using an apple in conjunction with
>> Hexley is inappropriate since Hexley is not an officially sanctioned logo for
>> Darwin, therefore using an apple is risking the wrath of Apple's trademark
>> lawyers.
>
> In other words, Hexley is NOT an official mascot for anything produced by
> Apple, but rather something someone made up all on their own. Admittedly, I
> don't like the depiction either, but to imply, as you do, that this is all
> part of some vast Satanic conspiracy is patently absurd. To paraphrase your
> first paragraph, YOU offer no honest arguments in favor of YOUR positions.
>
> The worst part is the fact that you are one of the false teachers that Peter
> warned about. You are, by definition, a blasphemer! The Bible clearly
> teaches that God is revealed in His Creation, that Christ holds all things
> together (i.e., He is the author of the laws of nature) AND the Bible teaches
> that God is TRUTH. By asserting that the plain evidence of the natural world
> is a lie, you are saying that God created a lie, that God deliberately
> deceives. This is blasphemy.
>
> I fervently pray that you'll see the error of your ways before you are shown
> that error at the Judgement Seat.
>
> In Christ,
>
> - Eric Strobel.

By the way, God used the rainbow symbolically after the Flood; Apple used a
rainbow in it's symbol... Hmmmm... Bet this guy never thought of that!!

- Eric.