Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:10:26 EDT

on 23/04/02 04:49, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

>> That kind of car somehow brings out the animal in me, and I
>> finally discovered that the German Autobahnen have a left lane, where the
>> Audis, the Mercs and the Porches live. They all snarled at me, but I
>> wouldn't go away ;^)
> Ooooh!!! We hate these people on the left lane with less then 130 km/h
> (80mph) ;-) You'd better drive in Switzerland only with its general
> limitation to 75mph (120km/h). That is to prevent the drivers to leave the
> small country to quickly ;-)

Consider yourself lucky! Here, in the US, the maximum speed limit is 65 mph
(or 100 km/h)!!! And you often have people driving in the left lane and
going much slower than that!

-Laurent.

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style: brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute force and ignorance).