Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 10:34:09 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/2002 10:13:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fyzycyst_at_comcast.net writes:

> Agreed, but have you ever tried to negotiate daily, heavy, stop & go traffic
> with a stick shift. Besides ending up with a left thigh that's
> significantly larger than the right ;-) , some folks end up with
> near-perpetual muscle spasms in the left side of their abdomen, which can
> have unpleasant side-effects. If/when I retire out of an urbanized area,
> I'll probably return to stick shift, but for now, it's just healthier to go
> with automatic.
>
> - Eric.

If the traffic is crawling, my car will actually allow me to leave it in gear
and the engine management system will give the car enough gas to keep it from
stalling (creeps along kind of like an auto). Of course, this still does you
no good in stop and go traffic, but it helps sometimes.

-Tom