Re: [NTLK] MEMORY CARDS!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:53:58 EDT

On 23/04/02 13:30, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 4/23/02 1:58 AM, Japecan_at_aol.com at Japecan_at_aol.com wrote:
>
>> You replied to my post and I thank you for a quick response. I am on the
>> digest mode. So that means the Blue Pretec cards are read/write 5v and to
>> use a memory card in both the MP130 & MP2100 I can't use anything larger than
>> 4MB?
>
> I've been using the 32mb card that came with my VarietyShop 2100 in my 130
> just fine. It's a Pretec, with the number FAD032-P. Which version is this?
> If it's the 5v/5v, how does it work in my 130? How does one tell the cards
> apart?

You need to check Pretec's web site. According to their web site
<http://www.pretec.com/index2/product/SSD/fad.htm>, your FAD032-P card
should be a 5v read/5v write. I can't explain why your 130 has the ability
to write to it, though. I've always read that only 2.1 devices could write
to a 5v write flash RAM card...

-Laurent.