Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 14:52:04 EDT

on 4/23/02 6:37 PM, Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com at
Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com wrote:

> Please don't think I am trying to be rude, but let's keep the bragging to
> realistic levels, shall we?

I don't suppose you've ever actually been in Europe, eh? I have heard
stories of American servicemen coming over here with their American muscle
cars, thinking they were going to show Germans how to drive, and in a few
months, their engines were gasping along, leaking oil like a sieve. Euro
cars are made to do it, and they do it well. I drive an American Lumina APV
(ugly car, btw) and it maxes out at 85-90mph. When I'm going down the
highway at that speed, little Golfs and Opels breeze by me so fast that I
hardly have time to read their tags (and their numbers are _huge_). I can
assure you that they are doing in excess of 120 mph, and more likely doing
around 140mph. Oh, and this is on the Polish highway. (don't ask) :-) Nicer
cars do even better. For the record, I didn't even blink at his claim. If
Marco's bragging, it's bragging at realistic levels. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland