[NTLK] Attention Collectors/Dongle Eliminators

From: Mike Hamende (mhamende_at_tsl.state.tx.us)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 10:11:43 EDT

I have come into possession of some interesting Newton collectables and
the 2x00 cables with the interconnect plug at one end and a DB9
connection at the other. The latter will connect your 2x00 MP to a PC
directly without the use of the dongle. It would seem harder to loose a
whole cable than just the little dongle thingie.

I thought I would offer these to good homes associated with the Newton
Community before sending them to the "pound" of ebay.

Quant. 1 -- Plastic dummy Newton, I assume for countertop display in a
retail establishment. Sealed in a plastic bag, appears to never have
been handled. It is an OMP with the stick stylus in the slot on the side.

Quant. 5 -- Yellow shopping bags with Newton lightbulb logo and "The
Newton Store" emblazoned on them.

Quant. 12 -- Original Apple 2100 documentation including Apple CD with
Newton software. (Yes you can get a copy of the software on UNNA, but
this is the real thing!) Packaged in orginal Apple baggie with
"IMPORTANT" round red seal. Includes MP2100 Getting Started booklet,
Important Information pamphlet, Service and Support Guide with Apple
Support Card, "Using Email on your MP 2100, Warranty pamphlet, and
Newton Software License pamphlet. For those of you with 2100 MPs, now
you can have the documentation and Apple CD to go with it. Now all you
need is the box. ;)

Quant. 10 -- 2x00/emate Stylii. Not the Titainium ones, but 2/3
Plastic, 1/3 metal Apple stylus. Does NOT collapse for the MP 1x0.

Quant. 50 -- Interconnect/DB9 cables. $30 USD (to the Newton List only)
plus $3.20 shipping in US. Outside the US contact me and pay actual
shipping.

I can accept PayPal, MO, or check (must recieve and wait to clear). Or
cash is OK, as long as it gets to me. Send it registered for your own
safety.

Except for the cables, make me an offer. Top bidders or reasonable
offers will get the prize. I am not sure what these things might be
worth to someone, so I will let the community decide.

Mike Hamende
Austin, TX