Re: [NTLK] KeyCaps for NewtWorks?

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 14:15:43 EDT

Chris wrote:
> Is there any program similar to KeyCaps for the Mac that will=20
> let me pop=20
> up a keyboard layout in NewtWorks so that I can see which=20
> character goes=20
> with which key? I use three different keyboard mappings and=20
> it would be=20
> helpful to remember which key is where in each language.=20
> (This feature is=20
> part of the Notes app. I don't understand why it isn't there in=20
> NewtWorks.)

        Well, if you don't have a keyboard plugged in, you can go to the
"tools" menu in Works and bring up a keyboard. Also, if you have
Dashboard, there is an item for bringing up a keyboard. If neither of
these work for you, I wrote a stupid little app for my wife's eMate that
just opens up a keyboard. I've put it up on
http://www.narcosislabs.org/newton/keyboard.pkg

        Cheers,

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 159:
If I burst into rebel headquarters and find it deserted except for an
odd, blinking device, I will not walk up and investigate; I'll run like
hell.