[NTLK] Newt audio-out for WWDC! Whoopee!

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 00:17:18 EDT

   I just got done with about 3 rather torturous hours working in an
audio out into the pen-slot (had to remove the top piece of the pen
holder), something I've been meaning to do ever since I installed Mad
Max, but definately want as a "Demo wow!" factor for the WWDC.. I
patched the out in parallel to the internal speaker, and had thought
that it would surely need amplification to power headphones. Nope! If
anything, it needs attenuation (might have something to do with the
impedance of the headphones though - I vaguely understood impedance
matching from Electronics class). The pen will have to go in my
"NewtPack" (pun intended, Steve W.), but I'll be able to show off
headphones. I would have liked to put in a switch for the internal
speaker, couldn't find a place to put it, what with the ser-001 already
in there. I'll put a picture on my website when I get one made.

Jim Witte
jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us
www.bloomington.in.us/~jswitte