Re: [NTLK] [OT] Nextel

From: Murray, Tom (TMurray_at_usequities.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 08:51:34 EDT

I will say this though, I have not been happy with their customer service.
I have been a subscriber for 2.5 years and of that they billed me
incorrectly for approx. 1 year of that. Also, in "fringe" areas you will
find no or sparce/dropped service. Don't get me wrong, I do like what they
offer, but they aren't the best thing since sliced bread.

Lastly, my best friend is a Nextel dealer and he has been hearing that
Nextel's radio feature (direct connect - DC) will be allowing user to DC
regionally for free, i.e. MidWest to Midwest, West to West, by the end of
this year. Supposedly, national coverage will be available by mid to late
next year and internationally by mid to late following year. I believe it
will be possible, but I'm not counting on the time frame, also, it will be
interesting to see how much the price for service goes up if they do allow
this.

TTFN

Tom