Re: [NTLK] Earthlink DSL & Newton

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 03:05:54 EDT

Well since you didnt specify which ver of windows... Windows 3.11 no way in
hell. With windows 95 maybe with some 3rd party util. with windows 98se you
can use (ICS) Internet Connection Sharing. with NT a third party program or
possibly MS proxy. With 2000 pro you can use ICS. With 2000 server you could
use NAT. With XP ICS.
This link will show you how to setup ICS on various windows.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics
There may be something on this I am missing. I personally use a cable/dsl
router. I have only used the 98se ICS for like 1 day before and win2k server
with NAT. Hope this helps...
Jeff