Re: [NTLK] freezing question

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 13:59:06 EDT

on 8/11/02 12:41 AM, Jameson Forster at jforstermd_at_mac.com wrote:

> Does anyone know whether there is a way to freeze a group of packages
> that work together and open them or close them as a group? Such as
> Newtonworks, fonts, writestuff, etc all of which are extensions for
> newton works. Thanks jf

I don't know if you will find my idea useful or not, but when I was trying
out Dateman and MoreInfo, I needed to freeze my Action Names. AN consists of
several extensions as well as the main app. In order to simplify the
freezing/thawing of the whole bunch, I moved all AN parts into their own, AN
folder. Then, I would switch to that folder, hilite all the icons, and
freeze or thaw them all together. In my situation, on a 120, it worked just
fine, but then again, I wasn't freezing/thawing several times a day--once or
twice at the most. HTH

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams