[NTLK] New to the Newton

From: Leonel Martins (moloch_at_bugio.org)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 11:15:35 EDT

Hi.

I just bought a Newton MP2000, and I have some questions about it:

1. What are the best web sites about Newton software? Almost all sites
I'm able to find have dead links...

2. I've noticed that alot of software is Abandonware, how can we
register those programs if the maintainer / programmer doesn't support
it anymore?

3. I would like to use my Newton to connect it to the LAN at the
university, download software and carry the downloaded files home. Is
that possible? How? And what kind of software do I need to do it?
(I know I need some kind of Flash RAM expansion / ATA card and a
supported Ethernet card).

This is still a great machine, even after 5 years... I'm really
impressed by my Newton. :)
Here is a link about Newtons and Paul Guyot's ATA driver I had great fun
reading:

Thank you.
Greeting from Portugal.

--