Re: [NTLK] MP charger question

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 12:10:40 EDT

> I have not opened the Power supply yet, but it is a switch mode type and
> this is not easy to repair without having the electrical scheme which we
do
> not have.
I have opened one to find out that it wasn't broken.

> There might be a fuse inside, which is broken, or, as you mentined, the
> cable is bad.
No fuse.

The three adaptors I've repaired so far had all broken cables. 2 were broken
just at the exit of the cable from the Newton plug and one had the broken
cable just where the cable came out of the adaptor case. Cut the broken
piece of wire away and resolder. The Newton plug case can be cut at one side
and easily removed for resoldering the wires (don't swap the polarity!) and
afterwards glued in place, using silicon rubber for bathroom seals. Before
you open the adaptor case make shure that you have to. That is done with
measuring the output voltage while moving the cable and trying to find the
interruption.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG