[NTLK] Ebay vs List

From: Kevin LaCombe (the_droner_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 16:58:49 EDT

PCBMan replied

<Should I donate my time freely
<and philanthropically, or should I expect a fair
<return for my research and efforts?

<As for your other point regarding flash cards, it is
<entirely up to the individual whether he or she makes
<a donation.
<Making your point this way is tacky and unnecessary.
<If people chose not to donate, why the public
<flogging? They won't
<be any more likely to pay. And, if you were somehow
<trying to embarrass them into donating, I am afraid
<it won't work.

I felt ~$64 was more than fair for the SER-001 when I
bought mine. You put a lot of work in and should be
rewarded for it. In a sense you are being a
philanthropist just by developing it. A lot of people
(including me) are glad you are doing so.

As far as the donations go, obviously I didn't mention
names for that reason. Who knows, maybe they just
forgot to send it in? It wasn't going to me so the
guys that run NTLK are the ones that missed out. As
you pointed out, in my deal there was no requirement
to do so. If you had a similar donation deal with the
SER-001, wouldn't you wonder just a little if no
donations were sent in?

Just to clarify, PCBMan was NOT one of the people that
failed to send in the donation in case it sounded that
way. :)

v/r

Kevin

p.s. I have some kittens that need a good home.