[NTLK] Re - Request for friend

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 17:44:47 EDT

>I have a Polish friend to whom I sold my 130 when I
upgraded. Well, he has
>been bitten permanently (it would seem) by the 130 Sleeping
Sickness, and
>his Newton no longer powers up.
>He is not rich, and really cannot afford at the moment to
buy a new Newton,
>and I feel partially responsible, having sold him the
Newton only a few
>months ago. Is there anybody on this list that might be
able to help me with
>some form of cheap Newton therapy?

John,

not sure if this has already been resolved. I can offer to
put a MP120 mainboard
into your friend's Newton for free if he sends me the 130
and encloses 10 Euro
(or US$) to cover the cost of shipping back. He wouldn't
have the backlight
as the 120's mainboard is lacking the hardware for that, but
at least he'd have a
working Newton again. Shipping to Germany would probably not
be too expensive
from Poland I think, might take some time, though.

Let me know what you think.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de