[NTLK] We are making "Newt On" system

From: Takaaki Naganoya (maro_at_appleco.jp)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 04:48:15 EDT

Hi,

I am a developper using AppleScript. I and my friends are making
something like a Newton on Mac OS X. But it is not a Newton emulator.

It is called "Newt On", a small inprementation of "Assist" function.

Now, it can recognize and execute these operation...

  Address Database (Names) Search
  Make a schedule on Entourage
  Make a email on Entourage

Current version of Newt On accespts only Japanese language but
it is easy to port to other languages --I think.

Some screenshot can be seen at this URL.

http://www.airmac.org/newton_e.html

You will find and be surprised at them. Newt On works with Microsoft office.
Word is the terminal application for Newt On.
Entourage is the mail and addressbook application for Newt On.

I am grad to get some comment about Newt On from Newton users.

Thanks,
Takaaki Naganoya

http://www.airmac.org