Re: [NTLK] mapblast alternative

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 09:04:07 EDT

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 02:08:29 +0200
> Subject: [NTLK] mapblast alternative
> From: d0pp13r <doppler_at_mac.com>
>
> now that the superb mapblast service is gone (used to be found at
> http://www.mapblast.com/pblast/port.mb?loc=wo&W=480&H=320&STYLE=mbPrint&DU=K
> M),
>
> are there any alternatives?
>
> the mapblast was so useful IMO, since it offered optional picture size
> rendering; in the URL above, the map size could be altered from 480x320 to
> any desired value.

MapBlast itself is still avail;
I assume you mean just their PDA-specific features?

I haven't checked, but my "makemap" app that used MapBlast via Newt's Cape
to create a book with overview map linked to more detailed maps might not
work either...

   http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/newton/newtscape/exs/makemap.htm

--
Steve