Re: [NTLK] Simplemail question

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 21:54:45 EDT

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Jameson Forster wrote:

> I sent an email on my newton using simplemail from my .Mac address and
> it did not go through. The error was due to a problem with
> authentication in that the "From" address did not correspond to the
> account. I am a bit confused. How do I adjust what simplemail uses as
> "from"? I assumed that it would use the account name in the simplemail
> set up. It appears to use the name of my newton. What is the work
> around? Thanks jf

SimpleMail will use whatever e-mail addresses are entered in the active
owner's card as the From: address. In the latest versions of SimpleMail,
you can have multiple From addresses and choose which one you want to use
when you send the message.

To change it, change the e-mail address in your card in Owner's Info.