Re: [NTLK] Some misc questions.

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 16:13:37 EDT

> 2. Is there any program (preferably freeware) that let me add items to
> the "formulas" application?

    Shouldn't be too difficult with NTK, (Newton Tool Kit), the desktop
proggraming environment. It's freeware... :-)

> 3. My mobile phone (GSM - Siemens S25) has a modem builtin. Can I use it
> with the Newton? BTW, I was thinking about buying a new mobile phone...
> Wich are the best to use with the Newton?

    Recently, we've been able to use a GPRS connection with the newton.
You could buy a serial cable for your S25 for connecting via GSM and later
get a S45 for connecting via GPRS, the cable is the same IIRC.

> 4. Why doesn't the IRDA port appear in the "Connect using" diamond (in
> the Internet Setup)? Shouldn't this allow us to connect to the IRDA port
> of any mobile phone? (The Siemens S25 has an IRDA port). Any hack to
> enable this item in the menu?

    No, the newton lacks the protocols for using the irDA modem.

Daniel Padilla