[NTLK] Extra case for 2100..

From: J. E. Simons (newtlink_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 01:40:43 EDT

does anyone have an extra casing for a 2100??

my 2100U's case cracked at the lid lock.. the retainer tab, right under the lid release, broke away, and there is a chunk of plastic missing.. this causes my lid to just flip open at will..

i'd really like to get a empty shell from a 2100 for it.. if anyone has one..

i remember that there was an auction on eBay about a few months ago, and there were a bunch of "dead" newton 2K/2100's for sale.. if i could buy one of those, to reconstruct my Newton, it would be great..

thanks all..

jim..

"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art"

-Bill Gates, 1983 (New York Times, 25 Sep 1983, p. F2)