Re: [NTLK] Wierd Problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 12:41:04 EDT

On 23/08/02 12:20, "Matthew Reidsma" <reidsma_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, so I also just checked in Works, and I still don't
> have a mail option in the Routing menu. I also do not
> have a Freeze option in the Extras drawer yet. I'm
> going to try installing an email client like Enroute
> or Eudora, and see if I can make it work. Still not
> sure what to do about Freeze, but I'll goof around
> with it.
>
> If you have any suggestions, let me know!
>
> Oh, here is something I just noticed. This is not an
> upgraded 2000, as it only has 912k of System memory.
> But, the ROM version is :717260-1, which is supposed
> to be the newest version for the 2100, per the faq. Is
> that right? Seems screwy to me...could this be causing
> my problem? Any way to go backwards in system patches?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can install the patch
even if you don't have a 2100 or an upgraded 2000. On a real 2000, that
wouldn't help much, though. So, the amount of system memory is the one
really telling you what you have.

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"