[NTLK] WOT: Yard Sale Software?

From: Dave Christensen (dc623_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 21:23:35 EDT

Does anyone know of software that can be used to automate a
LARGE multi-family yard sale? Newton based would be nice,
but Mac/Windows based is acceptable.

Idealy would be able to generate labels with price and
department (a.k.a. family) preferably with a Dymo Label
Printer. Also function as a check out register, maybe
supporting scanner input, keeping department totals and
maybe remiders to lift some cash from the box every so often.

My Girlfriends family does these twice a year and are always
very successful with them, just looking for ways to make
things easier. Yes, we could go buy some POS POS (Point Of
Sale for the second one, you figure out the first one), but
the ROI isnt there, so that leaves the costco $150 cash
register with 8 departments, but it feels so low tech.

Anyhow...

Thanks!
-Dave