Re: [NTLK] Avaya Wireless Card/Thanks!

From: John Hawksworth-Lutzow (johnhl_at_patterson.k12.ca.us)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 09:58:50 EDT

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions with the card. It seems that
any package I downloaded on my iBook running OS X (and then installed from
my OS 9 Mac) was corrupted slightly. A new download and fresh install from
my OS 9 Mac has got me most of the way there now.

I've been able to install packages via AirPort at home, but I still cant
send/receive email or browse the web, so I must have my internet setup wrong
somewhere. When trying to receive mail in SimpleMail, it goes through the
whole connecting process but stalls at Looking up host and gives me an error
message saying "Couldn't resolve IP address (my domain name server)." The
same basic thing happens in NetHopper.

Once again, thanks! This is a really friendly and knowledgeable group of
people!

John