Re: [NTLK] waiting for Newton

From: bettyy_at_earthlink.net
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 17:12:06 EDT

Hi Dermot,

I just got a Messagepad from DelValDiscount on ebay. The one I got was a
barebones upgraded 2100. It had no screen door or the little door over the
serial port but it came with a leather case. The battery had no warranty
and arrived dead. The stylus was the plastic emate ones (The ones that
went sold on Small Dog for $1/box of 24). Otherwise it seems to work very
well. If this is your first Messagepad, you're going to need a few things.
The first is either a battery pack or the battery cage and the second is
the AC adapter. If you keep the messagepad in the case, you probably won't
need any of the doors.

For connectivity, you're going to need the dongle or put in the SER-001. A
modem and/or an ethernet card would also be extremely useful.

Congratulations! And have fun with your Newton!

Betty
mailto:bettyy_at_earthlink.net