Re: [NTLK] PACKAGE MOVER

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 02:02:51 EDT

on 25/08/02 00:57, Siegelrj_at_aol.com at Siegelrj_at_aol.com wrote:

> I am wondering about Package Mover. I assume it's to permit moving packages
> between locations, i.e. internal and various cards on MP 2x00. I understand
> that it's a built in functionality of the MP 2100. Where is it located, how
> is it activated and how does it work. Would much appreciate if someone could
> let me know. It would be great to move packages back and forth to various
> cards easily.

Actually, there isn't a built-in package called Package Mover. To move a
package from one store to another (internal memory, flash RAM card), you
just open Extras, then tap and hold the pen down on the icon of the package
you want to move. You'll hear the screeching sound after a few seconds. You
can then lift the pen and go to the filing bouton in the lower right, the
little button with a little folder on it. When you tap on it, a little
window appears and you have the choice to move it to another store and to
file it in a folder.

Note that some packages have a protection bit set and you won't be able to
move them unless you use another package that overrides this protection bit.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1) choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally, to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."