Re: [NTLK] Screen light

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 08:50:30 EDT

Did the backlight gradually fade away and die, or did it just suddenly=20=

blink out? If the latter, it might be due to damage to the wires that=20=

carry power to the backlight. The whining noise & no light means the=20
transformer is supplying the power but it's not reaching the light,=20
which is a good indication.

The two wires come up through the hinge on the left side of the eMate=20
and I've seen two cases where one got mangled in the hinge and broke. =20=

When I bought my own eMate it had this problem, and it took about 15=20
minutes to replace the two wires and restore the backlight. It does=20
mean dissassembling the eMate and doing a bit of soldering.

-Stephanie