Re: [NTLK] RETURN USER? -> Hopefully!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 12:28:00 EDT

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, [bri cors] wrote:

> I am thinking about getting an MP2100 - and have a few questions that
> hopefully you all can help me with..
>
> 1] 802.11 CONNECTIVITY
> - I have a router at home sharing my DSL connection.
> - I have an Airport Base Station doing DHCP.
> - What kind of PCMCIA card would I need to get a 2100
> connectivity?
> - What kind of software would I need to do this as well?

It's all here:

http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm

The driver is only $10, but Hiroshi has been developing it for a while, so
it's well worth it in most people's opinion.

> 2] DATA SYNCING
> - I am running 10.2, with 9.2.2 in my Classic Environment.
> - What software do I need to use to sync my data to the desktop?
> - Is there a way to sync via Ethernet [preferrably via 802.11]?

You're going to find that a true Sync with a Newton is hard to come by,
unless you're using Claris Organizer 2.1. Some Mac people could better
explain this.