Re: [NTLK] RETURN USER? -> Hopefully!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:20:34 EDT

On 29/08/02 13:01, "[bri cors]" <bri_at_nerdtech.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Victor Rehorst wrote:
>
>>> 2] DATA SYNCING
>>> - I am running 10.2, with 9.2.2 in my Classic Environment.
>>> - What software do I need to use to sync my data to the desktop?
>>> - Is there a way to sync via Ethernet [preferrably via 802.11]?
>>
>> You're going to find that a true Sync with a Newton is hard to come by,
>> unless you're using Claris Organizer 2.1. Some Mac people could better
>> explain this.
>
> Hrmmm. I wonder if there is a way at all to sync with Now Up To Date...
>
> What means is there to connect the Newt with a USB port? Adapters of
> some sort - similar to the ones that people use to sync serial-based Palms
> with USB ports? Any particular kind offhand to look for?

I've read here that some people were using older version of Now Up-To-Date.

For USB-to-serial, many people reported the Belkin one being good. OTOH, if
you get your network connection working, there is no need, and really no
advantage at using USB-Serial for synchronizing, backing up or installing
packages.

-Laurent.