Re: [NTLK] Richmonders

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 02:42:59 EDT

on 30/08/02 22:57, Sean Luke at sean_at_cs.gmu.edu wrote:

> I have just now forgotten the name of a NUGWash regular who comes up
> from Richmond. He might be able to help you out. And is on the list.
>
> Sean, who grew up in Richmond and has parents out in Short Pump
>
> On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 10:38 PM, various and sundry people on
> NewtonTalk quoth:
>
>> Talk to the boys at CapitolMac. They have a listserve for the Richmond
>> area and many Macaholics walk through their store. Maybe one of them
>> has one to sell. They also have a Mac swap meet twice a year.
>>
>> On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 01:22 AM, dynstatic_at_warpmail.net wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, people. I've always wanted a Newton and toyed with the idea of
>>> getting one. Now that I've sold my Lombard, I really need something to
>>> take notes on during class lecture. (I'm a Computer Science major at
>>> VCU in Virginia) I wasn't even considering getting a newton until I
>>> ran
>>> across the article on slashdot/Wired tonight about the newton
>>> community.

That's Zac! Zachery Bir, that is!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media. Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.