Re: [NTLK] Newton purchase

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 12:48:57 EDT

------------------
>I'm thinking seriously about purchasing a Newton. I'm currently using a
>Handspring Dexluxe with 8MB RAM and an 8 MB memory card. I work in health
>care, so being able to run drug information programs is A MUST.

Well, the Newton is easier to use, keeps it's data without batts., and has =
a bigger screen. But current meds. programs don't run on the Newt. :-(
I barely keep Lexidrugs(97) and HCM current by hand inputing what I need =
and keeping specific webpages from JAMA and other sites, lots of work. If =
the Palm works stick with it or try the PocketPC's, since it's great to =
see the pills in the PDR in their correct color and shape.
------------------
>In looking at several sites on the web, it appears most of these programs =
are no longer made for the Newton.

Sad to see, the Newt's. screen and HWR makes reading easier and writing =
calcs. easy on the go. Some of the programs can accept new info. but it's =
alot of work.
>I know the Newton OS is kind of similar to Palm OS, any chance of running =
a Palm OS program on the Newton?

>Many thanks.....

The OS's are too different. As much as I use my Newt., I will have to get =
the PDR in a form that won't take so long to update. :-(
>Support Microsoft R & D - invest in Apple Stock

:-)

BTW, where are you?