[NTLK] NewtWiFi

From: Nathanial Freitas (nathan_at_freitas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 20:41:35 EDT

First, I'm new to the list, so I'd like to say hello. I'm a longtime
Newton user, but have been more focused on Palm in the recent years. I
live in Manhattan and work in the software business.

Anyhow, thanks to the genius that is Hiroshi, I have finally gotten my
MP2100 working successfully with my Lucent Orinoco Gold 802.11b card.
Looks like I have to pony up ten bucks now!

This may sound corny, but getting my MP2100 connected to a high-speed,
"free" wireless network has been a dream of mine for a longtime. While I have
done this with various Palms and PocketPCs, there is something so elegant
about using the MP2100 in landscape mode and telneting or web browsing,
and with the new MP3 player software, listening to streaming audio. The
great thing about New York City is that I can do this in a ton of public
spaces thanks to the NYCWireless group.

Ah, what a day!

Regards,
  Nathan