Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair Rates

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 20:53:43 EST

>Hi,
>
>I just called Apple to see if I could buy a replacement door that
>covers the interconnect port on my 2100 as well as a new serial
>dongle/adaptor and according to Apple's tech support/repair rep, they
>do not sell ANY more parts to the general public, but they do still
>have the "total repair" offer which is now $194.95. If you chose this
>option, Apple would overnight you a box (w/proper packing materials
>inside), you would overnight it to them (that cost is included in the
>194), they would take 2-3 days, then overnight it back to you.
>
>So, if anyone knows where i can get a replacement port door cover
>and/or serial dongle, please email me as I need them before the Ann
>Arbor, Michigan get together. :)
>
>Thanks,
>Matt

Wow! I thought they stopped this service. At least that was the general
consensus on this list. Can you give us the details so we can put it
into the FAQ?

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

For a limited time: Clear 2X00 films!

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513