[NTLK] Sudden 2000 Failure

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 23:11:31 EST

I taking notes in a class tonight, when my 2000 locked up in the middle
of recognizing a word. That happens, so I wasn't that worried. I
flipped the Newt over, pressed reset, and turned the Newt back over. It
immediately froze again, before even loading the packages off the
PCMCIA memory card. I turned it over to press reset again. This time,
there was nothing on the screen at all. I wasn't able to turn the
Newton on with the power switch, or convince it to restart, so I put it
back in my bag to deal with later.

When I got back to my dorm room, the same problem continued. I tried
plugging it into power. I tried removing the battery. I tried removing
all the PC card. Nothing seems to make it reawaken. For now, I am using
my eMate and leaving the 2000 plugged in on a table.

Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/jendra/stevehj

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html