Re: [NTLK] Jabber...the best client

From: Stephen Swift (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 14:36:50 EST

At 12/3/02 12:08 PM, Richard Harbottle (r.harbottle_at_ic.ac.uk) Wrote:

> Hi,
> yesterday I discovered the best Newton Jabber client. It is called
> Newton Instant Messenger (IM). It is absolutely great (and completely
> unknown to me 'til yesterday). I am using it wirelessly to chat to my
> MSN friends. You can find it here

That's the one I use, but it annoys me slightly. The windows are so big
that I can only keep one or two open. There's no way to minimize them. And
for some reason, when people IM me the window doesn't open up. The jabber
window already has to be open. So that limits it functionality because
other people can't initiate a conversation. Oh well, it is nice for talking
to one or two people. Someday, I'll have enough time to build my own
client. :-)

-Stephen

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html