Re: [NTLK] Assist Application in os 2.1

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 15:03:31 EST

on 12/2/02 2:39 AM, Joseph Solin at jsolin_at_interserv.com wrote:

> Are there any programs that enhance the capabilities of the assist
> program in OS 2.1?

Yes.

Seriously, QuickFigure adds a calculate function. Catamount
(www.catamount.com) made some things, and took advantage of somebody else's
work as well, I believe. Any app can extend the functionality of the Assist.
I believe that MoreInfo or DateMan add something as well. As for extensions
that merely work with the Assist, I can't think of anything specific, but I
think that IGOR does something (which Catamount took advantage of). It's
kind of a voodoo area of the Newton--it was never fully "self-actualized."
:-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams