[NTLK] A quick moment of your time for some ethernet help?

From: Matt Freeman (freemanmatt_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 21:33:02 EST

I'm attempting to connect my 2100 to a DSL line through a 3Com 3c589C card.
I suspect I'm missing a fundamental element of the installation, because I'm
pretty sure I'm doing some of it right.

1. I downloaded the Farallon and appropriate 3com patch.
2. Installed it on Ned (my Newt).
3. Inserted the ethernet card, and created a new setup based on "generic".
Chose DHCP, and tapped on card. Sure enough, the card showed up just fine.

When I run Nethopper, it says "connecting" and " Loading the DHCP protocol",
but then an error comes up "error: -60088".

What am I forgetting? As well, where do I input my account name and
password for my local DSL service?

Cheers,

Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html