Re: [NTLK] eMate vs Alphasmart Dana

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 17:53:27 EST

> Other than no HWR what is *wrong* with the PalmOS? It runs apps, it
> stays
> out of the way, and you can pretty much make any app any way you want.
> Granted it doesn't have all of the "human engineering" factors that
> are in
> the Newton, but *what* PDA has??

There's a strange sort of instant reaction here just about every time
someone mentions a Palm OS-based device; I can't help but wonder how
much of it is criticism from experience and how much of it is the sort
of off-the-cuff dismissal you tend to get from Windows and Mac users
about the other platform.

Graffiti was really the only aspect of the Palm OS I just couldn't get
used to. It may not be as elegant as the Newton OS (and the screen size
is still too small for what I'd have wanted to use it for), but there
was nothing too terrible about it.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html