Re: [NTLK] 2000 vs. 2100

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 21:32:54 EST

Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> That wouldn't help me identify my Newton. The front of
> the case says 'MessagePad 2100' (which it is), but the
> back of the case says 'MessagePad 2000'.

   The back or the front could have been replaced at some point in its life. I replaced the back of a 130 with a 120 back because the eject button (part of the back of the case) was broken.
   I seem to remember there was a sticker put inside Apple upgraded 2100s as well as the one by the interconnect port.
   No, I don't plan to open my upgrade and original 2100s to compare... at least not tonight.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html