Re: [NTLK] Newton Future: what could be done IMO

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 00:43:07 EST

À (At) 16:10 -0700 4/12/02, Grant Hutchinson écrivait (wrote) :
>What does the acronym REX stand for? I've never seen it before.

Oh sorry. ROM Extension. I think the proper acronym is REx.
You can have up to 4. Apple has one with built-in apps (the eMate one
has Works), others were for licensees.
They can define various things including add NewtonScript packages,
define the timing of hardware, the amount and location of RAM,
implementation of P-Classes interfaces, etc.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/