Re: [NTLK] How do I connect my keyboard??

From: fussili_at_mac.com
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 06:56:22 EST

Sorry. I did not realize this. I have no idea if there is an adapter that
would convert a serial port to a 9 pin connection.

   As it happens there is!

  The Serial / USB adaptor I use was bought in Hong Kong (I used to Live there)
  and by the quirkiest twist of fate was 9-pin to USB =] Took them ages to
write an OS X driver but I'm happy with it =]

   Its made by a little company called.. Wait for it... Future Technology Devices
International Limited (Almost like Future Technologies from Back to the Future
haha!) Also testament to the local populations inability to name companies
well... "Happy lucky golden 8 trading corporation" is my personal favourite
as they have an office close to our chambers.

   Sometimes however they just use a phonetic spelling of their cantonese name
with disastrous effect.. we used a delivery company called 'fuk yue' when
we were moving =] It kind of summed up their philosophy too haha!

   Anyhow the URL is as follows:

  http://www.ftdichip.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html