Re: [NTLK] Palm negative comments (was eMate vs Alphasmart Dana)

From: Stephen Swift (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 15:06:30 EST

At 12/5/02 2:54 PM, Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net) Wrote:

> There is another input method for the Newton. It's called Gesture Mosaic. It
> uses simple, single-stroke gestures to form letters. Once you learn the
> strokes, it is very _fast_. I timed my wife on my Newton once at 50
> wpm--almost typing speed (she types about 65-70wpm). If you want a truly
> fast gesture-based input method, try Gesture Mosaic. I wonder if you could
> even license this thing for a new PDA... :-)

Argh! So that's what that card was for. When I got a case for my Newt,
there was a card with different strokes demonstrated on a boxy-8. I
couldn't figure out what it was for so threw it out. Now I see. I'm going
to try out Gesture Mosaic but it sure would be nice having that card for
reference now.

-Stephen

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html