Re: [NTLK] Hi all! This one is being scrib

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 16:28:30 EST

On 05/12/02 15:00, "Scott Strungis" <sstrungis_at_gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all!
> This one is being scribbled out painfully on my recently acquired 2100. I had
> a 130 a little while ago and briefly defected to Palm. Today I sent my first
> email with my 2100--something never done on my m505!
> My first question is: is there a good fully featured www browser still out
> there?

There are basically 3 web browsers for the Newton:

NetHopper 3.2 (no longer supported, doesn't support the latest HTML
specifications, limited use)
NewtsCape 2.1 (more or less supported, better support for latest HTML
specifications, but it's missing a few features)
LunaSuite (more or less supported, the source code has been released to the
public, but to build the application, you need some development tools that
add to the cost of developing for it. Plus, the code is not nice. Plus, it
has a lot of bugs that can take down your MP very often and quickly).

That's it.

-Laurent.

fix n.,v.: What one does when a problem has been reported too many times to
be ignored.