Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: The future of the Newton: A course

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 20:49:57 EST

Hi guys,

From a previous thread on the crazy idea of having a color screen on a Newt,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=103600991126133&w=2

It is Chiral Deluxe from Ambrosia Games. I believe it supports 256 colors.
It is a Newt-port of the same great Mac game. I believe they left the color output intact because they didn't have to change it when porting to the Newt according to the programming specs for Newt OS 2 and above. It was much
easier and faster to port it that way.

NewtonQuake is an April Fool's Joke. I believe the NewtonQuake.pkg tries to install on the Newt for about 45 minutes then a dialog pops up that says out of memory.

Later,
Jonathan